Wednesday, October 03, 2007

It was a dark and stormy night...














And Tom Everhart was at work in his studio creating his beautiful renditions of Charles Schulz' Peanuts characters, one of which is the title picture to my blog about which one of my readers inquired.  I believe I first saw Mr. Everhart's work at an art gallery in Monterey, when I was visiting the aquarium and picking up some calamari steaks.  I've always liked the technique of pointillism, and here it was combined with vibrant colors to recapture some of my favorite cartoon characters of all time.  What's amazing is the size of Everhart's canvasses.  Paintings such as my title picture ("As the Sun Slowly Sets We Bid You A Fine Farewell") stretched over 6 ft x 12 ft.   You can see the rest of his paintings here.





















While on the topic of Peanuts, how awesome would it be to have a statue of Snoopy and Charlie Brown in your hometown?  Santa Rosa, I'm jealous...

No comments: